What’s life without a good old goal?
2020 Goals – Financial Independence
- Invest maximum £20,000 limit into ISA (post April 2020).
- Achieve an average savings rate of £4,200 per month (net £50,000 per annum).
- Continue to update the blog / post updates on finances on a monthly basis.
- Re-Read Tim Hales Smarter Investing Book.
- Achieve an average savings rate of 55% throughout the year.
- Aim to pay off 50% of Zopa Loan to halve monthly payments.
- Pay £3,600 extra against mortgage in 2020 (upping mortgage repayments by £300).
- Continue to put away (emergency fund) £150 into Premium Bonds.
- Plan out garden / vegetables and research into storage options.
- Build 2 additional raised beds in the garden for potatoes.
2019 Goals – Financial Independence
Achieve an average savings rate of 55% (changed in April 2019) throughout the year.[DONE]
- Achieve a dividend income of £1000pa (to be re-invested of course!) [MISSED]
Achieve £1,500pa via side hustles (and to learn the ways / methods – I started in 2019)[DONE]
- Purchase a £50,000 flat under a BTL agreement [MISSED]
Purchase my recommended stocks based on diverse, buy and hold strategy.[DONE] Setup WordPress Blog and blog regularly about my FIRE Journey (I think i’ve managed to do this!)[DONE] Invest £20,000 maximum ISA limit by April-2019.[DONE] Invest £20,000 maximum ISA limit by April 2020.[DONE]
2019 Goals Update: https://www.firelifestyle.co.uk/2019/12/18/2019-financial-goals-update/
2018 Goals – Financial Independence
Start investing into Vanguard ETF and invest £7,000 in 2018 (I started in June-18)[DONE] Increase mortgage payment by 30%[DONE] Pay off one of the loans needed for some garden improvements (£3,000)[DONE] Open up a General Investment Account with IG[DONE]